Fanout # 3
September 27, 2013
• Met with Employers on September 26 & 27.
• Discussion of non-monetary items.
• UNA tabled a new proposal intended to address the recently announced possible changes to Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP).
• Employers made minor amendments to their proposals in Articles 15 (Layoff and Recall) but massive regressions remain.
• Agreement on minor changes to Article 2 (Definitions) and Article 12 (Seniority).
• Next bargaining dates are October 22, 23 and 24.
• Future dates include November 6 & 7, November 26 & 27, December 5 & 6.
The current Collective Agreement remains in effect (including the Lump Sum payment).
Workforce & Scheduling Transformation/Optimization:
Early next week the Negotiating Committee will provide information from AHS regarding the initial impacts of Scheduling Transformation/Optimization and Workforce Model Transformation (including reductions in RN/RPN positions, reductions in total FTE’s). A YouTube video will be available to explain the printed information. Watch for details.