UNA Factoid #12: Filing an Occupational Health & Safety complaint

The most effective way to deal with any concern about workplace health or safety hazards is to file a formal Occupational Health & Safety complaint. Any instance of an occupational hazard, abuse or illness should be dealt with through a complaint to your Local OH&S Committee.

If the committee cannot resolve the issue, it can be referred to the Chief Executive Officer.

If UNA is not satisfied with the result of the meeting with the CEO, the agreement gives us the right to present the issue and union recommendations to the Governing Board.

More information about OH&S can be found in your Collective Agreement and on the UNA website – http://www.una.ab.ca.


Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s