UNA Factoid #9: Filing a Professional Responsibility Concern

Sometimes, the only way to effectively advocate for our patients is to file a Professional Responsibility form. Every time an unsafe or unprofessional practice or setting is created or permitted by the employer, a PRC should be filed.

If you need to file a PRC form, your Local Executive has a copy of the necessary paperwork.

If the issue cannot be resolved, UNA has the contractual right to present PRC concerns to your employer’s CEO, or to a designate. Finally, if it still remains unresolved, UNA has the right to make a formal presentation to the employer’s Governing Board.

More information about Professional Responsibility and PRC forms can be found in your Collective Agreement and on the UNA website – http://www.una.ab.ca .


Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s